Leadless Technology: Features and Their Benefits
SILICON-ON-INSULATOR (SOI) SENSORS - NO P-N JUNCTIONS
- High temperature capability - Continuous operation at temperatures up to 1000°F (538°C).
- Insensitive to EMI - Devices with no other, active electronic components will operate in a field of 200 Volts per meter.
- Insensitive to ESD
INTEGRATED SENSOR OF MONO-CRYSTALLINE SILICON
- High reliability - Calculated MTBF of three million (3,000,000) hours for the sensor itself.
- Long term stability - Long term drift less than point one percent (0.1%) per year.
- No hysteresis
- High Accuracy - The typical static error band - inclusive of non-linearity, hysteresis and repeatability - of a Kulite pressure sensor is less than point one percent of full scale (0.1%FS).
LEADLESS SENSORS THE ELIMINATION OF GOLD LEADS AND ASSOCIATED MECHANICAL JOINTS
- High tolerance to shock and vibration
- High temperature capability
- Small size and low weight - Sensor sizes from .030 x .030 through .1 x .1 inch allow for ultra-miniature packages.
- Low sensitivity to the effects of vibration and acceleration - The very low mass of these ultra-miniature sensing elements translates into very high natural frequencies. The low mass also renders them mechanically insensitive to shocks and vibrations until these reach very high levels.
- In addition, Kulite has developed and patented a new sensor which eliminates the effects of extremely high vibration on the output signal of the transducer. For more information visit the section titled recent developments.